We are currently looking for a Junior Framer or Experienced Skilled Labourer (one to three years framing experience) or skilled labourer (three plus years building experience). See below for details:
- Current Working at Heights qualification
- Interest in precision workmanship
Interested in learning more about the type of work EcoGen does?
- High performance / low energy buildings
- Advanced, efficient framing techniques
- Sustainable, environmentally-friendly building products
- Insulation and insulating techniques
- Effective air sealing techniques
- Learning new techniques and broadening construction experience across trade disciplines
- Working in a learning environment of continuous improvement, assisting with innovation, working with new technologies and developing new techniques
General Requirements. The candidate will:
- possess experience in light frame construction
- be comfortable working at heights and in enclosed spaces
- be capable of working under minimal supervision
- work as a team member or on independent tasks
Work Environment. Construction sites for single family homes, largely in rural settings, performed in an area centred on Kemptville / Merrickville, with up to a 45 minute driving radius. Ideally, the successful candidate will be located close to Kemptville, but must be capable of either getting to and from job-site with own vehicle.
Employer. EcoGen Energy & Build designs and builds custom homes to an extremely high level of energy efficiency, using unique assemblies and materials that minimize environmental impact with techniques developed in-house.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.